Thursday, April 26, 2012

4/22 thru 4/25:  Sunday - Today I riveted down the glareshield which ties the instrument panel's top to the fuselage. I'm fairly comfortable with all the wiring runs underneath it, but I would like to have better access to that area. Once this glareshield goes in place, everything in there is really hard to get to. I cleaned up a few electrical runs with conduit, installed some of the door latch hardware, and worked a bit on the armrest/control tunnel tops by adding nutplates so they are removable.  We painted the pilot side of the fueselage.

Danny continued painting Monday through Wed. and finished the fuselage. Now I am waiting on my replacement windshield to come in. In the meantime, I'll be starting on the doors & door hardware, and we will continue painting the wings and cowl.

21 hrs, including Danny.  total hrs. to date: 875




No comments:

Post a Comment