Tuesday, December 25, 2012


Dec. 2012 Update:     N75ZX now has over 112 hrs of flight time and she continues to perform beautifully. The only change I have made since the last post is an adjustment to the prop to gain more climb power. Since I have a ground-adjustable prop, I "flattened" the pitch approx. 1.5 degrees which allows the engine to reach it's maximum-rated 2625 RPM in straight & level flight, which produces more power, just like downshifting in a car. 

I took a great 3 day cross-county trip from Angleton to Fayetteville AR in mid November. In total I flew about 1175 miles, taking 15 flight hrs, and burned 82 gal of fuelHere are some photos of the trip: 
Just NE of Dallas, all #'s in the green.

My friend Frank who lives in Fayetteville & is building a Zenith 701.  I heard he flew it in mid-Dec.! This photo was taken in mid-Nov.,, just one month prior to his 1st flight.

Some of Frank's buddie's hangar @ Weddington Woods Field.

N75XZ frosted-in on the early morning of Nov. 16th.

SE Oklahoma's Washita Mountains just south of Poteau, OK

No comments:

Post a Comment