Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday, July 30th:  Today the FAA designated airworthiness rep (DAR) was scheduled, a very nice guy named Brian Ingraham. Brian works on helicoptors and other aircraft as an A&P and constantly travels all over the USA and overseas in his work and can be hard to get a hold of.  We met at the hangar after playing telephone tag over the last week or so. He spent about an hour going over the plane and asked to see the paperwork, which I somehow managed to have in order. After reviewing the Operating Limitations with me, he handed me the pink copy of the Airworthiness Certificate which makes the aircraft legal to fly! I have to fly off the first 40 hrs. solo and stay within a 100 mile radius of the home base, which is a pretty generous chunk of real estate. Now I need to get 3 hours of dual time in another 750, get the insurance in place, and go fly!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jimmy!

    So, it's been eight days. Let's have an update!

    ReplyDelete